There’s nothing like treating yourself to some well-deserved pampering.
What’s even better is knowing that it’s done safely, under strict hygiene and sterilization practices, and by a board-registered foot health professional. Here at Perform Podiatry, we give you the best of both worlds.
When your feet look great, you feel great. Over time, getting your ‘nails done’ has become just as much a tool for the good of one’s mental health as it has for their physical health and appearance. Unfortunately, many of these relaxing experiences are tainted by nail salons that don’t prioritise health, safety or sterility. Painful breaks in the skin occur during the treatment, no attempt at antiseptic care is made, and both fungal and skin infections develop. And it’s simply not right.
This is why we began offering and placing great importance on cosmetic podiatry – because you need to be able to trust that you are in good, qualified hands and that your health and well-being are the number one priority while receiving fantastic and genuine foot care.
We’ve got all the specialised Podiatric equipment to have your feet glowing after your medical pedicure, as well as managing any cosmetic problems you may have when it comes to hard or thick nails, dry or peeling skin, broken or damaged nails, overgrown cuticles, curved or ingrown nails, and more. All you need to do is sit back, relax, and enjoy the peace of mind in knowing you’re in great hands.
Our medical pedicures involve:
- Trimming your toenails using our German-made and individually steam-sterilised nail clippers
- Removing any callous (hard areas of skin), corns, cracks in skin and other abnormalities using a surgical-grade scalpel
- Remove any skin, dirt and anything else trapped beneath and down the sides of the nail with sterilised files. When present, this can cause much discomfort and make the toes more vulnerable to infection when damaged.
- Use a burr (drill) to thin any thickened nails, smooth the ridges of the nails, remove overgrown cuticles, and smooth the nail ends. All our burrs are steam-sterilised and we have a large variety of different sizes, shapes and materials for each purpose – whether it be reducing a very thick, crumbly nail or polishing a delicate, thin nail.
- Next, we remove dry, flaky skin and smooth any uneven skin using a disposable (one-time use) sanding disk. This means the skin around your toes, heels and forefoot looks and feels great. Warning: some find this step to be a little ticklish and there is absolutely no pain involved
- We then use a disposable nail file to smooth out any final edges that may catch on your socks or stockings
- We then wipe down the nails with a clear antiseptic spray, followed by tea tree oil – a natural anti-fungal and anti-bacterial
- Lastly, we apply the appropriate moisturiser to your feet to have you feeling great on your feet!
From here, you’re welcome to head over to your local nail salon if you wish to have them painted or keep them in their radiant, natural state. The best part is knowing that everything has been performed following high sterilisation and sanitisation protocols and that you’ve had the care of a foot expert to check that there isn’t anything unusual or concerning happening with your feet that you may not have picked up on yourself.