Injury & Pain Management
The feet and legs absorb tremendous loading forces every single day, sometimes reaching over 20 times the person’s body weight! This can easily lead to both acute and chronic lower limb injuries.
Sustaining an injury when you’re always on the go doesn’t just mean pain and a potentially longstanding recovery – it means you miss out on doing the things you enjoy like being free to go for that walk and spend that time with your family or friends. That’s why we have a special interest in pain and injury rehabilitation and prevention, so you can get back on your feet and back to doing the things you love as quickly as possible.
We deal with lower limb injuries that arise from work, from sport, from simple household chores or playing with your kids – you name it! We don’t just treat your injuries, but identify the exact cause(s) that led to their development so we can help prevent this from happening again.We understand that every person has different needs, different goals and different daily commitments, which is why each treatment plan is tailored specifically to you and your goals. So let’s reach them together!
Common Injuries We Treat Include:
- Achilles pain (tendinitis)
- Heel pain (plantar fasciitis & heel spurs)
- Stress fractures
- Posterior tibial tendon dysfunction (PTTD)
- Ankle sprain & ankle instability
- Peroneal tendinitis
- Runner’s knee (patellofemoral pain syndrome)
- Anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) injury
- Iliotibial band syndrome
- Jumper’s knee (patellar tendinopathy)
- Shin splints
- Your visit will start with finding out exactly what’s going on and getting to know your history
- We then perform a comprehensive biomechanical examination which examines everything from the range of motion through your joints to your muscle strength, foot alignment, footwear and more
- This may be followed up by diagnostic tests such as X-rays or an ultrasound referral if indicated
- Our gait analysis facilities can identify any imbalances or areas of high pressure when you walk and run. This gives us, and you, the information you need to improve your rehabilitation and your performance
After a comprehensive evaluation, we will make recommendations for a treatment plan based on your medical history, your tolerance for specific therapies and extent of the injury.
If your injury is a result of an accident, you may be covered under ACC. Be sure to inform us at the time of your appointment if this is the case and we will fill in the relevant paperwork to see if you are covered. We’re a registered ACC provider and have an addition orthotic contract to make the prescription of orthotics simple and hassle-free, where it is necessary as part of your treatment.