We have a special focus on Aged Care podiatry because we understand how difficult it becomes over time to care for your feet, toenails and skin. Reaching the feet can quickly become difficult and painful, cuts and wounds take longer to heal, the nails grow thicker and the skin has become either fragile and dry, or tough and calloused.
This is why we offer a full range of aged care foot and leg health services so you can sit back, relax, feel great, and be confident in the knowledge that your feet are looked after by a foot health expert.
We want you to be able to continue to do the things you love, maintain your independence and promote your overall health and well-being.
We don’t just provide an excellent podiatric service on the day of your appointment, but do everything we can to keep your feet healthy, comfortable and safe in the weeks to come until we see you next. The podiatrists that care for your feet are highly-skilled in aged care, meaning that they’re quick to identify potential risks and problems that may otherwise be missed. They have a thorough knowledge of the various challenges, complications and problems that come up as we age, and are always up to date with the best practice guidelines on how to manage and care for each problem that comes up, so you always get the best results.
Because some toenails grow faster than others, and some people require more regular management of their conditions or problems, your podiatrist will discuss with you the best appointment schedule for your feet and we can schedule multiple appointments in advance so you can easily plan for it.
It is our goal to see you feeling your best and moving as comfortably as possible for as long as possible.
Some of our aged care services include:
- Toenail care
- Callous and corn removal
- Tinea and fungal toenail diagnosis and treatment
- Ingrown toenail treatment, surgical correction and prevention
- Wart treatment
- Regular diabetic foot health review
- Monitoring and addressing circulatory and sensation issues that may cause complications in clients with peripheral vascular disease (PVD) and/or diabetes
- Assessing and improving stability on your feet and legs to reduce the risk of falls
- Off-loading high-pressure areas on the feet and legs
- Attending to lower-limb wounds and ulcers
- Altering foot biomechanics to improve your gait
- Decreasing pain and improving comfort in arthritic conditions such as osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis
- Assisting in the best shoe selection specific to your feet and foot problems
- Providing expert advice on caring for your feet and managing any problems that you are experiencing
- Expert orthotic prescription to manage complex conditions
Please don’t hesitate to get in touch if you have any questions about the services above or anything that isn’t listed. We pride ourselves on going above and beyond for our patients, and would love to help you with your foot problems too. You can give us a call or book online.